Procedures for Elections of Alumni-Elected Regents
Candidates for subsequent elections of Alumni-Elected Regents will be nominated by a committee composed of four members: two members appointed by the Chairman of the Baylor University Board of Regents and the two Alumni-Elected Regents not currently standing for re-election or their designees (the "Nominating Committee"). In the absence of any other agreement, as described in this Agreement, the Nominating Committee would follow Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised.
- All undergraduate and graduate alumni of Baylor are eligible for election as Alumni-Elected Regents, with the following exceptions:
- Members of the faculty or staff of the University and members of their immediate families are not eligible;
- An individual who had previously been nominated for election but not elected by alumni may be nominated a second time, but an interval of five years must elapse before the second nomination;
- Members of the immediate family of the President, the President’s Executive Council, or any other Regent are not eligible;
- Members of the Nominating Committee and their immediate family are not eligible.
- In the event the Nominating Committee is unable to agree on three candidates, then there will be four candidates on the ballot for that election. In such event, each member of the Nominating Committee shall select one candidate.
- The Nominating Committee will solicit nominations from the various advisory and advocacy boards and groups associated with Baylor University, including but not limited to the academic school advisory groups, the student life advisory group, and the endowment investment committee. Any alumnus who submits a nomination supported by the signatures of at least 50 other Baylor graduates will also be considered by the Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee will also be allowed to self-generate nominees.
- The Nominating Committee will meet with candidates, review applications, decide whether candidates meet the qualifications set forth herein and select the three best candidates to appear on the ballot for an open Alumni-Elected Regent seat.